An Air Conditioner's Filters, Coils, and Fins require regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in air conditioning performance while energy use steadily increases. Failure to maintain all equipment, even the most reliable means one runs the risk of major breakdowns, a shorter lifespan, increased discomfort and high operating costs i.e. a system that is only 10% low on refrigerant will cost about 20% more to operate.
Regular servicing carried out by reputable compliant companies should include cleaning the system, checking for any problems or potential problems and adjusting for peak efficiency. The benefits include:
- Increased dependability,
- Find potential problems and fix them timeously,
- Provide maximum efficiency which lowers energy costs,
- Prolongs the life-span of the equipment,
- Maintains safe and healthy operation,
- Can help to protect the environment,
- Drastically reduces the chance of a break-down which usually happens at night or on weekends when repair rates are higher,
- Ensures compliance with the law,
- Cost efficiency as it reduces excessive major repair and / or replacement bills,
- Minimizes risk.
Lastly, all organizations should have a clean air policy resembling the following:
It is the responsibility of each building manager to ensure that proper ventilation and/or any other appropriate measure is put in place to ensure the maintenance of clean air within its premises.